Papaya Playa Project Ultimate Guide: Events Info + Tickets
If you want to be catapulted into a wonderful property, where staff is fun and caring, with incredible rooms facing the Caribbean Ocean, eating delicious food from breakfast to dinner, Papaya Playa Project resort is what you’re searching for. But that’s not all – this paradise of peace and relaxation at night became one of the coolest places to party in Tulum!
Yes, it is probably the most famous club to party in Tulum and no wonder – its parties and events are unique, featuring innovative and creative way of connecting yourself with the music, worldwide famous DJs, and much more.
Discover why everybody in Tulum is talking about WooMoon, Storyteller and many other signature parties of PPP! Let’s dive into a world made of lights and tribal rhythms!
Secure your spot at the Philia Music Weekend at Papaya Playa Project from 27/04 to 1/05! This is your chance to experience the music festival of the year, featuring top-tier artists, delicious food, and exciting activities.
Tickets are selling fast, so don’t let this opportunity slip away. Book your ticket today!
What is Papaya Playa Project and what can you expect?
Papaya Playa Project is a crazy resort merged into Tulum beach nature. Its guests will be able to find everything they need and more on site: cabanas with their private porch, hammocks to admire the view, a spa and many spiritual experiences, a bar, restaurant, Mayan ruins not far away, parties at night – in a nutshell: you’ll fall in love with this sustainable made resort.
Papaya Playa Project is a so-called “barefoot resort” where you’ll be able to be one with nature. Facing the beach and the palm trees, its style is unique, tribal and very natural – this will relax your mind and body.
What about parties? Parties here are an excellent way to spend your night. Papaya Playa Project always has a message behind its parties and events, touching essential themes as in Life and Death, or spiritual ones as for WooMoon party where they believe that the mix of music, the surrounding, and the Moon can positively affect the participants.
If you are craving for some electronic, house, techno or tribal sounds – check out the next events of Papaya Playa Project here below and book your ticket to be part of a once in a lifetime experience.
Parties and Events in Papaya Playa Project Beach Club
Check out the upcoming parties and events in Papaya Playa Project and start organizing your wonderful stay in Tulum, Mayan Riviera. You can book your ticket by clicking on the name of the event you want to attend, or – an important thing to know – you can book a room at PPP resort and you’ll have access to every event and party.
If you want to reserve a special table for one of these parties, don’t hesitate in contacting our friend Virginia – The person to know when it comes to nightlife in Tulum. Write to her on Whatsapp and get the most out of your Tuluminati night!
Secure Your Ticket For Philia Music Weekend
Don't miss out on the ultimate music weekend of the year! Join us at the Philia Music Weekend at Papaya Playa Project for an unforgettable experience you'll regret not being a part of. With a lineup of the hottest and most talented artists from around the world, you'll be able to dance and sing along to your favorite tunes all weekend long.
But wait, there's more! Not only will you be able to enjoy great music, but you'll also have access to a variety of food vendors, interactive art installations, and other exciting activities that will keep you entertained throughout the weekend.
So what are you waiting for? Secure your ticket now and be a part of the most talked-about music event of the year. Trust us, you won't want to miss this!
Upcoming parties at Papaya Playa Project
Most famous parties hosted by Papaya Playa Project
Here are some of the most famous parties hosted by Papaya Playa Project, definitely their signature ones. Know more about them in our list below and choose the one you prefer for your stay in Tulum!
WooMoon - The PPP Full Moon Party
Every month on the Saturday closest to the full moon
Full Moon parties at Papaya Playa Project are unmissable events and will definitely upgrade your stay in Tulum. Fusion with the outdoor of PPP resort and beach club and the full moon above your head. DJs from all over the world are coming to make you dance and feel free from your thoughts, while meeting like-minded people in a dream location.
Papaya Playa Project Full Moon party believes to influence with the power of the Moon and the tribal groovy electronic music, the mind and body of people – of course positively, making you more focused on your goals and connected to your inner-self. Attend this great event to see the effects yourself – we personally love it!
Storyteller is another great event held at PPP beach club, where your inner-kid will be woken up! In this immersive experience you’ll see live performances, great costumes, face paint and games. Jungle surprises are included for everyone in this special night where you’ll become part of the story. Great DJs and the location itself will crown the whole party – definitely worth it!
Mayan Warrior - A Burner Community Event
Jan 13th 2023
The famous Mayan Warrior event returns to Papaya Playa Project this year. If you are a burner (a way of living derived from the Burning Man festival), you can’t miss this party. This project will unite artists, musicians, technologists, and creatives worldwide to make you live an unforgettable night in Tulum, Mayan Riviera.
Deep ancient traditions will be awakened during this event through a primal connection with the visual and auditory culture of the Mexican scene of electronic music.
Since this event sold out very quickly, we advise you to book your ticket on time by clicking the button below – you can thank us later 😉
Life and Death
Life and Death events are perfect for a culturally demanding audience, bringing people to reflect during the night about the primordial concepts of Life and Death. With the best line ups and DJs, Life and Death will offer you a first class event.
Life and Death at Papaya Playa Project is not only a party, but a journey you’ll make through essential themes of our humanity.
Jump with your soul to the Middle East thanks to the music of the duo Bedouin! In this signature night at PPP you’ll travel with your mind and soul to a universe made of new sounds, colors and lights.
Stay tuned for the next dates!
- NYE Special Party: New Years Eve Parties at Papaya Playa Project are The deal if you want to start the year with a bang! Featuring culinary experience, incredible line ups, artists and creatives from all over the World – NYE parties here are made to inspire you. Don’t miss the next year’s celebration and book your ticket in time!
- Day of the Dead Festival: “Dia de los Muertos” is a really famous festivity in Mexico, taking place between the 31st of October and the 1st of November. Papaya Playa Project always held a crazy party on this date to celebrate the National festivity and bring you to know more Mexican culture through a party. And as Mexicans would say: Whoever is scared to die might as well not be born.
Papaya Playa Beach Club’s Amenities & services
Being one of the most famous resorts of Tulum beach, you’ll be in no time from one side to the other of Tulum. Whether you decide to move by bicycle or scooter, Papaya Playa Project has a really good location. But let’s find out more about what makes this resort so amazing!
List of Papaya Playa Project amenities :
- Personal Butler 24/24h and dedicated concierge
- Daily housekeeping and turndown service
- Family breakfast served in the Villa
- Private beach cabana, lounge chairs and beach service
- Welcome gift upon arrival and fresh local flowers
- Free access to hotel facilities, wellness program & Saturday celebration entrance tickets
- Free use of bikes to explore Tulum
- Personal Chef (upon request and at additional cost)
List of Papaya Playa Project services :
- Ocean front with direct access to beach Local, organic and fair-trade bath amenities
- A/C in every bedroom of the Villa
- Beach Bags and Pool Towels
- 500 thread count bedsheets & organic cotton towels and bathrobes
- Hair Dryer in each room
- Safe Deposit Box in every room
- Complimentary High Speed WiFi
Is Papaya Playa Project Tulum Expensive?
For sure Papaya Playa Project is more expensive than other structures on the beach strip. But – they are super sustainable, they offer a unique program of culinary experiences, wellness and spirituality, parties and nightlife events. So yeah, the value for money is really good especially if you think that if you are a guest booking a room you’ll be able to access for free at many services the resort offers and area which are not open to everyone.
Booking tips & Best deals
*For the nightlife lovers out there!*
If you want your experience to be amazing, you should really consider booking a table during the events and parties at Papaya Playa Project. No matter if you’re 2 or 10 people, our wonderful friend Virginia – a Tulum adopted girl living here for more than 15 years – will set up everything for you, knowing personally all the staff of Papaya Playa resort in Tulum. Every desire will become reality!
Moreover, many times booking platforms just don’t work so well – once we booked a table at a party here and when we presented they didn’t have our names on the guest list. If it wasn’t for Virginia, we wouldn’t have had that night! With two calls she reorganized everything and we’re able to see our favorite DJs in Tulum beach!
Contact her on WhatsApp and take advantage of her FREE services today!
Sample of prices at Papaya Playa Tulum:
Here below you’ll find some of the prices of the different area or events at Papaya Playa Project in Tulum – let’s find out more!
- Beach Club Entrance fee: $30 // 600 MXN
- Parties Entrance fee: approx from $90 – $115 // 1700 – 2200 MXN
- Minimum consumption: $50 // 1000 MXN
- Casita: $350 + // 6600 + MXN
- Cabana: $400 + // 7500 + MXN
- Villa: $400 + // 7500 + MXN
Prices at Papaya Playa's bar:
At Papaya Playa Project you’ll find two bars – one outdoor in the beach area and one indoor. Taste the most flavorful cocktails on the menu while chilling on a sunbed. Our favorite cocktail? JADE with mezcal, lemon, grapefruit, ginger!
- Bottle of water: $6 // 120 MXN
- Beer: $10 // 210 MXN
- Cocktail: $18 + // 350 + MXN
- Spirit bottle (Gin, Tequila, Vodka, etc): $265 + // 5000 + MXN
TIPS: Make sure to ask the bartender for advice or seasonal cocktails – you could get some nice surprises!
Prices of Papaya Playa's restaurant:
Papaya Playa Project offers both culinary experiences and a standard menu at their restaurant. Find here below the prices of some of the dishes they offer!
- Menu price: $60 per person // 1130 MXN
- Main dish price: from $17 to $130 // 320 MXN to 2500 MXN
- Snacks price: from $14 to $30 // 260 MXN to 560 MXN
- Dessert price: $12 // 240 MXN
TIPS: Booking a table through a concierge service will grant you best table placement.
Reviews about Papaya Playa Beach Club
Our personal opinion
We love spending time at Papaya Playa Project resort, especially at the beach club during weekends or in the mornings. You can get a huge selection of fresh juices to kick start your morning and delicious breakfast are on the menu too! If it’s your first time in Tulum you should really not miss this pearl!
What people say about Papaya Playa Project Tulum
Reviews about Papaya Playa Projects are really good if you check other resort reviews on Tulum beach. We checked them out for you – they include: hotel & rooms, staff, pool & spa, bar & restaurant and many other services – so check them out below!
- Rating on Opentable: ⭐⭐⭐⭐4.5 average on 65 review at Jan 2023
- Rating on Tripadvisor: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.5 average on 2737 review at Jan 2023
- Rating on Booking: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 7.6/10 average on 215 review at Jan 2023
- Rating on Google Maps: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.1 average on 2000 reviews at Jan 2023
Where is Papaya Playa Project located in Tulum?
Papaya Playa Project has a really good location in Tulum, right at the beginning of the hotel zone. Here you’ll find from one side the jungle and from the other the Caribbean sea – sounds dreamy right? If you’re a guest of the hotel, you’ll get free bikes to go around and that will avoid you from taking cabs and struggling in the traffic. Let’s check out the map below!
Papaya Playa Project is located in the Tulum beach neighborhood
Carr. Tulum-Boca Paila Km 4.5, Tulum Beach, Zona Costera, 77780 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
How to go to Papaya Playa Beach Club?
You have multiple ways to reach Papaya Playa Project:
- From Tulum Centro: you can reach it by bike, scooter or car. The first two are definitely the easiest, you’ll be able to get there in no time and you’ll not struggle for a parking place. For the car, well – you’ll have either to pay for parking or to be lucky enough to find a free place along the strip. You can even walk to Papaya Playa Project if you want to join it from the beach. Last option – grabbing a cab, which can be quite expensive sometimes especially if you are a foreigner.
- From Cancun airport: you will be able to either rent a car, book a shuttle or a bus or take a colectivo (Mexican minivan). With the bus you’ll arrive in Tulum Centro and then you’ll have to take a cab to reach Papaya Playa Project. Same goes for the colectivo. With the car you’ll be able to park at Papaya Playa Project as a guest!
Don’t miss our Tulum transport guide to become a pro!
Which Hotels are close to Papaya Playa Project?
There are many hotels close to Papaya Playa Project, so if this resort doesn’t fit your criteria, you’ll have plenty of other choices. Check out our favorite ones!
- Azulik Resort – 270 yards from the venue/3 min walking – This is another unmissable resort in Tulum: you have to enter this wonderful resort at least once! Don’t forget to admire the view!
- Habitas Tulum – 500 yards from the venue/5 min walking – This hotel is one of our favorites: we love its curated rooms, the kind staff and it’s really close to Papaya Playa!
- Maria del Mar Tulum Hotel – 500 yards from the venue/5 min walking – With a different vibe from the previous two, you’ll find a more simple decoration here. Check it out!
- Zamas Hotel – 700 yards from the venue/8 min walking – Enjoy the beach under the palmtrees in this incredible hotel not far away from Papaya Playa resort – you’ll not want to come back home!
- Amansala Resort | Yoga, Wellness Retreats & Spa – 2000 yards from the venue/20 min walking – A bit more far away, but we couldn’t not include this incredible resort. If you need to restore your energy and connect with your inner self, that’s the right place.
FAQ about Papaya Playa Project
The minimum age to get in at Papaya Playa Project parties is 18 years old.
Yes, kids are allowed in Papaya Playa Project.
Papaya Playa Project opens from the morning until the night if there are any events. It’s always open for the resorts guests.
Papaya Playa Project Restaurant opens from early morning for breakfasts till late night for dinners.
Papaya Playa Beach Club closes late at night at the end of the party.
You can make a reservation at Papaya Playa Project Tulum through our friend Virginia to get the best table and service. She personally knows the staff and will be happy to set everything for you. Contact her here.
The music played at Papaya Playa Project can vary from groovy electronic, techno, house.
Definitely! Papaya Playa Project Tulum has a pool directly on the private beach.
Yes, credit cards are accepted in Papaya Playa Project.
Yes, Papaya Playa Project accepts cash.
Depending on the event or place (bar,restaurant, coffee shop) you’ll have to check your bill to know if the tips are included at Papaya Playa Project.
Yes, there is a minimum spend at Papaya Playa Project beach club and events if you book a table.
Yes, it is possible to organize a wedding at Papaya Playa Project – you can contact the staff on the website and start organizing the best day of your life.
The dress code at Papaya Playa Project is dinner-casual, so don’t force yourself into elegant clothes. Get inspired by Tulum, its colors and the event you’ll attend!
Emilio Heredia owns Papaya Playa Project and he collaborated with Design Hotels to create it.
Top Events to Make Your Trip Unforgettable
Tulum's Hottest Event
MATTHIAS TANZMANN @BONBONNIERE TULUM
Join us for an unforgettable night of electrifying beats and pulsating rhythms with the incredible Matthias Tanzmann live at Bonbonniere Tulum! Get ready to dance the night away on Saturday, June 3rd, starting at 10 pm and going till late. With his signature blend of deep house and techno, Matthias Tanzmann will take you on a musical journey like no other. Prepare to lose yourself in the captivating sounds and immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere of Bonbonniere Tulum. Don't miss out on this extraordinary experience as we set the stage for an exceptional night of music and memories. Get your dancing shoes ready and mark your calendars for an unforgettable encounter with one of the finest DJs in the industry, Matthias Tanzmann!
● Tier 1 - The entrance fee is of $1000 MXN ($55 USD)
Ready to join us? Get your tickets now! Early bird tickets are $55 USD (only 20 tickets available left).
Hurry – spots are filling up fast! 🙀 We can't wait to see you there!
Top Parties and Club Events
If you liked it, PIN IT!
Give us some love!2