The Best Tulum Vacation Packages
You are planning your vacation to Tulum and you want to have zero stress? We understand you, and that’s why we made a research of the best all inclusive vacation packages to Tulum. Whether you want to stay in a resort or a hotel by the beach, we’ll list all the packages, their price and reviews.
If some years ago the most popular city of Riviera Maya in Mexico was Cancun, nowadays Playa del Carmen and Tulum became very popular as well. Why? Because they offer amazing 5-star resorts with pool and spa, transport from and to Cancun airport (yes, Tulum doesn’t have an airport yet but it will come soon), extremely well decorated luxury room at a convenient price per night: in a nutshell, everything guests can need.
*Still have to book the best hotel in Tulum?* – we really want to share with you how our friend Virginia made our stay in Tulum unforgettable. She made us stay in incredible locations throughout the town – not to mention the party she made us attend – we can’t recommend her enough. Take advantage of her free service below!
Let’s check out the best 10 Tulum Vacation Packages and find the one that fits your next stay!
Hotels vs Resorts: What's best in Tulum?
We wrote many articles about hotels, all inclusive resorts, private villas, Airbnbs, boutique hotels, and everything is based on the experience you want to have. If you choose to spend your vacation in a resort, you want to set your mind free from any stress, and why not, even spending the whole day by the pool. All inclusive resorts in Mexico offer at very convenient price different vacation packages. In this way, you will not have to worry about booking tours or activities for you and your family, or for example thinking about the roundtrip from Cancun airport to the resort, or even book your flight. The resort will think about that. You will only have to choose the resort and the room you will want to spend your days relaxing.
If you want to spend your vacations in a hotel or a boutique hotel, you might want to book the flight by your own, explore other cities of Riviera Maya, have dinners out instead of only eating at the resort’s buffet, explore other beach clubs and not being so attached to the structure you booked for your vacation. The price per person will also be more convenient than an all inclusive resort, but you will always have a luxury room, pools in the common outdoor spaces and a rich breakfast to start your day. So, don’t worry: you will be pampered!
In the last and most “free” case, if you decide to rent a villa or an Airbnb you will for sure save some money, but you will have to organize everything by yourself – from the flight to the moment when you will book the villa for your travel. For sure you will have much more privacy, but it’s a completely different type of vacation. You will not have any concierge (unless the Airbnb is not offering that) to clean your room and you will not find the breakfast ready when you wake up. This will permit you to visit more Tulum town or beach, but think well about the pros and cons before booking. Let’s check now which city is better for your needs – Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum, who will win your heart?
- All-inclusive resorts offer convenience and a stress-free experience, with vacation packages that include tours, activities, and airport transportation. The focus is on relaxation and spending time by the pool or on the resort grounds.
- Hotels or boutique hotels provide a more independent experience, allowing travelers to explore other cities in the Riviera Maya, dine at restaurants outside the resort, and visit other beach clubs. While the cost per person may be lower than at an all-inclusive resort, luxury rooms, outdoor pools, and breakfast are typically included.
- Renting a villa or Airbnb is the most customizable but also the most independent option. Travelers can save money, have more privacy, and explore Tulum on their own terms. However, they will need to organize everything themselves, and there will be no concierge service or breakfast included unless specified by the rental.
“What Are You Searching For?”
Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum?
If you are undecided between these 3 major cities in Riviera Maya, this paragraph is for you! For many years Cancun was the best destination in Riviera Maya, and one of the most famous in all of Mexico, nowadays Playa del Carmen and Tulum are two great alternatives to enjoy the beach and the Caribbean sea.
In Cancun there is a slightly old style of tourism, in the sense that structures of resorts and hotels are a bit outdated, as is their style, but you can definitely feel it’s the biggest city in Quintana Roo region. Here you will have everything you need, from shopping to restaurants, and if you search a big all inclusive resort, you will for sure find it here.
Playa del Carmen is halfway between Cancun and Tulum. Not as big as Cancun, you will have a smaller downtown which you will love to mingle around, buy nice souvenirs and sit in a cafe. Hotels and apartments are more similar to Cancun style, and you will have cheaper prices than Cancun and Tulum. The beach is not the best, but if you want to use it as a base to reach Cozumel island, that’s great. Same goes for Cancun if you want to reach Holbox or Isla Mujeres.
We love Tulum and that’s why we decided to live here! Tulum has a completely unique style and you will find a mix of hotels and resorts, especially in the beach zone, but what you will find a lot are Airbnb apartments and villas for rent. Whether you stay in Playa del Carmen or Cancun, Tulum is a must-see, for the amazing beaches, the magical cenotes and the proximity to Yucatan, Maya ruins and Sian Ka’an. Let’s check out below the best Tulum vacation packages!
When is the best to visit Tulum?
Deciding when to take your Tulum vacation can greatly affect your overall experience. Here are some things to consider:
- Pleasant Weather Year-Round: Tulum has a warm, tropical climate throughout the year, with some months being warmer than others.
- Peak Season (December – April): This is the most popular time to visit Tulum, particularly for the pleasant weather. Expect lots of sun and little rainfall during this time, making it ideal for festivals and sightseeing. However, be prepared for big crowds.
- Low Season (May – November): During this time, there is less sun and more rain, but this also means fewer crowds and lower accommodation prices. If you prefer a more relaxed visit and don’t mind the rain, this might be a good time to go.
- Shoulder Season (July – August): This period falls between the peak and low seasons, and is a good time to visit for a low-cost trip. Average temperatures are around 90°F (32°C), with regular rain during these two months.
Useful Advice for Planning Your Tulum Trip
- Book your accommodations in advance: Tulum is a popular destination, so it’s important to book your accommodations ahead of time to secure your preferred options and avoid higher prices.
- Pack for the climate: Tulum is located in a tropical climate, which means it can get hot and humid. Pack lightweight, breathable clothing, and don’t forget sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Plan for transportation: Tulum has limited public transportation options, so plan for transportation in advance. Consider renting a car, taking a taxi, or using a shuttle service to get around.
- Research activities and attractions: Tulum offers a variety of activities and attractions, from historical ruins to natural wonders. Research and plan out your activities ahead of time to make the most of your trip.
- Be mindful of the environment: Tulum is known for its stunning natural beauty, and it’s important to be mindful of the environment during your stay. Respect local wildlife, avoid littering, and follow any eco-friendly practices implemented by your accommodations.
Take Advantage Of Free Concierge Service
As excellent to explore Tulum and its surroundings alone, you may need help figuring out where to start. To make the most of your money and time, contact Virginia and Kelly - two incredible Mexican girls living in Tulum for more than 15 years. They're familiar with the ins & outs of the Tulum town and hotel zone like the back of their hand!
Since we arrived in Tulum 2 years ago, many adventures wouldn’t have been possible without their help - they know literally everybody in Tulum and can perfectly organize every moment of your stay. Get the best tables, skip queues and get on the guest list of the coolest places in Tulum - this’s only the beginning!
They are ready to offer you guys FREE concierge service in Tulum for the time of your stay: take advantage of it, contact them on Whatsapp and live the best experience!
“Virginia Will Transform You In A Tulum Insider”
Should You Book an All-Inclusive Tulum Vacation Package?
If you’re considering a Tulum vacation, you might be wondering whether to book an all-inclusive package or not. All-inclusive packages are great for those who want to relax and not worry about anything else. They usually include accommodation, meals, drinks, and even some activities, making it easier for you to plan and budget your trip.
However, if you prefer exploring on your own and trying local restaurants, an all-inclusive package might not be the best option for you. Keep in mind that Tulum has a lot to offer in terms of local cuisine and unique experiences, and you might miss out on those by staying exclusively at your resort. Additionally, all-inclusive packages can be more expensive than booking accommodation and activities separately, so be sure to compare prices before making a decision.
Ultimately, the decision comes down to your preferences and budget, so consider what kind of vacation you want before booking an all-inclusive package!
The Best 10 Vacation Packages
Mi Amor - Adults only Colibri Boutique Hotels
Price per person: Stay (2 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $678
At Mi Amor – Adults only Colibri Boutique Hotels guests will be able to enjoy multiple pools with an incredible view, a bar and a restaurant. By choosing this vacation package, you will have amenities like a white sand private beach and a beachfront dining. Treat yourself at the spa, with a body treatment, reflexology or a body scrub. With the flightprice and the cost of the room you will book, you will have dry cleaning/laundry services and free in-room WiFi. Sounds good, isn’t it?
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $1,783
You will find Chiringuito Tulum in Tulum beach, surrounded by beautiful boutiques, restaurants and bars. Cenote Calavera and Cenote Crystal are worth checking out if you love swimming and diving, or just chill in nature. Get lost in Tulum Beach and explore the nearby Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve. Discover the area’s water adventures with scuba diving and kite surfing nearby. Guests will be able to enjoy the hotel’s quiet location and all its amenities.
“An Open Air Boutique”
Copal Tulum Hotel
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $629
Copal Tulum Hotel is located in the chic neighborhood of Tulum, Aldea Zama. We love its beautiful furniture in the rooms, the common areas with pools, the bar and the restaurant. Moreover, it’s a strategic position since from here you’ll be able to visit LabnaHa Ecopark Adventures and El Toh Ecopark: give it a try if you are on vacation with you family or friends, you will have so much fun together and create great memories!
Layla Tulum - Adults Only
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $733
If you choose this vacation package, you will be able to enjoy amenities like a rooftop terrace, a cafe and a bar. In the evenings, you will be able to chill by the pools on the rooftop and eat at the Mediterranean cuisine restaurant, Layla Burger Bar. Stay connected with free in-room WiFi. All this will be included in the package and we are sure you will not be disappointed by the incredible care Layla Tulum staff has for its guests.
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $1,014
This 3-star family-friendly hotel in the heart of Tulum City Center, Una Vida, has really incredible reviews. With a luxury touch in every room, you will be able to enjoy a pool and a spa, a bar and a terrace and a roundtrip airport shuttle from Cancun to Tulum, all included in your vacation package. Free in-room WiFi is available to all guests to be connected also during vacations.
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $2,304
Located in Tulum, Jashita Hotel is near theme parks if you are traveling with your family and it has its private beach to give you the best service possible. Cenotes Sac Actun and Riviera Maya Golf Club are worth checking out too. If you rent a car and you want to snorkel with turtles, exploring Akumal Beach is the real deal! At Jashita you can look forward to free full breakfast, a roundtrip airport shuttle and a poolside bar included in your vacation package. Their spa will pamper you with Ayurvedic treatments, massages and aromatherapy. They also organize onsite activities like boat tours, snorkeling and kayaking. Let the adventure begin!
“Apartments In Tulum Are Amazing”
“Mezcaleria Is Always A Good Idea”
CASA MEXICANA MODERNA
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $1,524
This private villa includes 2 outdoor pools, barbecue grills and an outdoor dining area. Free WiFi and self parking are also included in the vacation package. If you are traveling with a group of friends or your family, and you want to have a whole villa for yourself, this is the right option for you. We love their 4 bedrooms and the 5 bathrooms they offer in addition to the common spaces and the luxurious garden. The maximum number of guests that it can host is 8 people.
Majaro Hotel Tulum
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $770
At Majaro Hotel Tulum you will be able to enjoy a rooftop terrace, a bar and a restaurant. WiFi, a pool and a spa are just a few of the amenities provided by the hotel. All guest rooms include perks such as air conditioning, bathrobes and free bottled water. We love their area by the pool, where you will be able to enjoy your vacations during the hot summer night. You will want to travel soon again, we can bet on that!
La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotels
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $2,081
Near the lively Tulum Beach, La Zebra Colibri Boutique Hotels provides a swim-up bar, a beach bar and a garden for its guests. During your travel you will be able to explore Yucatan and Riviera Maya to discover Mexican inland. Once you will be back at the hotel, you will be able to chill out at night by the pool or in your private room. If you want to bring relaxation to another level we suggest you try their spa treatments, such as a massage or reflexology.
Seremonia Studios By ULIV
Price per person: Stay (5 nights) + Flight (2 roundtrip tickets), taxes & fees – $513
An outdoor pool, a rooftop terrace and free use of bicycles are available at this new apartment building in the center of Tulum. If you decide to book Seremonia Studios vacation packages you will be able to have your privacy in your own apartment and enjoy at the same time the common areas. All this will not miss concierge services and barbecue grills for their guests. Each apartment features a kitchenette with a refrigerator and a microwave, plus free WiFi and a Smart TV with digital channels. What’s better than this at this price?
Knowing the different area of Tulum
Tulum, located in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, has become a popular tourist destination in recent years. As a result, the town has seen a surge in the number of new resorts, hotels, and guesthouses. With each passing year, the town is growing fast and is receiving new additions to its accommodation options. In this context, it can be difficult to decide where to stay in Tulum, as the variety of options can be overwhelming. Here, we highlight some of the best places and neighborhoods to stay in Tulum right now.
- If you are looking for affordable accommodation in this beach town, the downtown area, or the pueblo (town), is your best bet. This area is particularly great for solo travelers or long-term visitors, as not only do you spend less on hotel costs, but you also save money on transportation and food. Tulum’s town is very compact, and most locals also live here, which means the area is well-maintained and has plenty of restaurants selling authentic cuisine.
- Aldea Zama is another low-cost alternative. It is a newly developed neighborhood that has many beautiful and modern properties. It lies right between Tulum Town and Tulum Beach, also known as the Hotel Zone. The area is very eco-conscious, with most hotels using energy-saving methods, like solar panels. It’s not all about a Tulum and Quintana Roo vacation for some here. This neighborhood is also brimming with remote workers who want a home base in town.
- If you don’t mind splurging, the hotel and beach zone has some of the best resorts in Tulum. They are often on the beachfront and have private beaches and pools. This is where you’ll find most luxury hotels. The 6-mile (10 kilometer) coastal stretch has a north, middle, and south zone. Compared to the north, the middle and south zone have more restaurants and shops.
- Just south of the hotel zone is Sian Ka’an, a great area to stay in if you prefer a more quiet beach spot. This neighborhood is still a bit off the beaten track and away from the busy town and beach zone. There are plenty of places to explore and dive into (literally). Punta Allen is the largest village in the Sian Ka’an Biosphere and is where you’ll find most shops and eateries in the area. However, it’s important to note that Punta Allen switches off their electricity at midnight. Unless your hotel has a generator, you might be without power for a few hours.
In summary, there are several great neighborhoods to stay in Tulum, each with its own unique features and advantages. Whether you’re on a budget or looking for luxury, there’s an option for everyone. Choose the area that suits your preferences and start exploring the beautiful town of Tulum!
Unmissable things to do during your trip in Tulum
Explore the Mayan Ruins
Tulum is famous for its ancient Mayan ruins which date back to the 13th century. These ruins are situated on a cliff overlooking the stunning turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Make sure to take a guided tour to learn about the fascinating history of this ancient civilization.
Relax on the Beaches
Tulum is known for its beautiful white sandy beaches, crystal clear waters, and calm waves. Spend a day lounging on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, or even learning to surf. Some of the most popular beaches include Playa Paraiso, Playa Ruinas, and Playa Santa Fe.
Visit the Cenotes
The Yucatan Peninsula is known for its cenotes, which are natural swimming holes formed by the collapse of limestone bedrock. Tulum has several cenotes worth visiting, including Cenote Dos Ojos, Gran Cenote, and Cenote Calavera. These cenotes offer a refreshing break from the heat and a unique swimming experience.
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Tulum has a thriving food scene with a variety of local and international cuisines. Don’t miss the chance to try traditional Yucatan dishes like cochinita pibil, ceviche, and tacos al pastor. You can also find plenty of vegan and vegetarian options at the many eco-friendly cafes and restaurants.
Experience the Nightlife
Tulum has a vibrant nightlife scene with plenty of bars, clubs, and beach parties. Head to Papaya Playa Project or Gitano for a night of dancing, or enjoy a sunset cocktail at Casa Malca or Be Tulum. Just be sure to pace yourself as the parties here can last until the early hours of the morning.
We hope our Tulum Vacation Packages guide helped you out for the research of the best deal for your next trip. Let us know below if you’ve already been in one of these hotels and share your experience with other fellow travelers!
Featured Event in Tulum
Join us for an unforgettable evening at Mystical Sunset with Oliver Huntemann. Contact Virginia here to book your table and be part of this magical night on the beach! 🎶🔥